Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Danger Beach Friday and Totally Safe Surfing Saturday

Friday October 24th's weekly VAC activity was a trip to Danger Beach. The weather was a bit chilly so we had a small turn out, but we had a good time snapping silly pictures. After we had taken about a hundred photos we headed to Cape to Cuba, a Cuban style bar nearby. Along with some nachos, I had a “passionate kiss,” which was a blended drink made with a passion fruit spirit and mint. The bartenders couldn't hide their smiles when we ordered them, but they were delicious!

Peaking out of the beach huts.

Jen and I were the only ones who got in the water. It was surprisingly warm, but the only other people in the water had full wet suits on.

That week we had another fantastic Saturday morning spent at the Old Biscuit Mill followed by a great day of surfing in Muizenberg.  The weather wasn't perfect for Old Biscuit Mill. While I was waiting for my pancakes rain started coming down in sheets pouring through the cracks in the tent. I couldn't help, but laugh as people were screaming and trying to save their delicious food from being flooded. Despite the rain my ricotta pancakes and bacon were delicious and I got a blue cheese and onion tart for later. The waves this week were a bit bigger and Matt and I got 8 foot boards instead of the 10 foot, so it was a bit more challenging but really fun. We lucked out with no shark sightings again!  We had a few photo shoots this time. Enjoy. 



Jen and Hanna enjoying their breakfasts despite the rain.



One of my favorite stands. French cheese and bread!



"May I have one of each?"

Blue cheese onion tart!


No better Saturday activity.


Blair, Other Julia, Matt, Samantha, Jenna, and I.
Jenna and I riding in the last wave together.





No comments:

Post a Comment