Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Waterval

November 5th and 6th. was my first VAC weekend trip. They took us to Waterval, an amazing privately owned campsite and hiking trail. South Africa really knows how to do hiking right. It’s less cut trail and more climbing ladders, sketchy bridges, rocks, and trees. We had to follow yellow markers through trees and over the river to see the 22 or so waterfalls. We hiked for over 5 hours and covered at least 10k. I think it was the most amazing hike I’ve ever been on. The waterfalls were spectacular, the trails an interesting challenge, and at the top there was a fantastic view. It was a warm day so a dip in the freezing waterfalls felt great. And yes, Elisabeth we did drink the water!

Refreshing!

Thomas, Kelly, Matt, Jenna, and I at the top of a waterfall.

Near the top where we broke out of the trees.

Oliver, Kelly, Jenna, Matt, and I. Notice the rainbow.

Oliver on one of the ladders.


Taking a quick shower at the last waterfall.

This move is now named after me and requested at every VAC trip involving water.

No comments:

Post a Comment